The recent spate of ice, snow, and brutally cold temperatures has caused widespread destruction and misery across Texas. Tens of thousands have struggled to warm their homes amid rolling blackouts. Dozens have lost their lives to exposure or accidents that occurred while trying to stay warm. Homes, businesses, and the state’s infrastructure have sustained structural damage that will collectively cost billions to repair. The devastation is difficult to overstate, and the 2021 winter crisis is shaping up to be one of the most tragic and costly disasters to afflict Texas in decades.
Such a catastrophic event serves as an unwelcome reminder that destructive and unpredictable forces of nature can upend our lives at any moment. But while we may not be able to control a cold front, hailstorm, or tornado, we can prepare ourselves for the havoc they bring.
If the effects of Texas weather in recent days have damaged your home, know that there are affordable ways to protect yourself and your home from similar catastrophes that may befall us in the future.
How to Prepare for Weather-Related Damage
Homeowner’s insurance is typically your first line of protection from the impacts of winter weather crisis effects. There are limitations to insurance, however, that may leave you underwhelmed in the hours and days following a damaging event.
- High deductibles. Many insurance plans have higher deductibles for home damage caused by storms or other weather events.
- Response time. It can take time for your insurance company to process your claim. You may be left waiting longer than you would like for necessary repairs to your home.
- Limitations in coverage. Home insurance doesn’t cover everything. There are certain causes of damage, from flooding to general wear and tear, that a standard insurance policy won’t cover.
Complementing your insurance policy with other forms of coverage can help you overcome these limitations in times of frustration or even desperation.
Home Warranty Coverage
At its most basic, a home warranty is a service contract to maintain, repair, and replace home appliances and systems. These can include everything from your kitchen refrigerator to your plumbing and electrical systems.
Warranty coverage provides financial protection, convenience, and peace of mind even in the best of times. In an urgent situation, it’s invaluable.
As a top coverage provider, Liberty Home Guard partners with licensed and insured technicians across the United States. This network of professional tradespeople provides two significant benefits to our customers.
- Swift service. Our technicians prioritize the service calls for our customers. This means Liberty Home Guard clients receive repair service much more quickly than they would if they were to hire a technician independently. Following a weather-related disaster that leaves your home with a burst pipe or power outage, each passing hour counts.
- Cost savings. Our partnerships allow us to negotiate lower rates from professional technicians. We pass these savings on to our customers, so you’ll repair your home appliances or systems at a fraction of the average cost. This is especially true in emergency situations, as many technicians charge higher rates or rush fees in these circumstances.
How to Get Home Warranty Coverage
The severe cold Texans have endured is hopefully a rare event that we won’t witness again for many years. But future disasters may arrive as dark clouds or sweltering heat. We must be prepared.
Home warranty Texas coverage can put you in a position to better respond to weather events that damage your home. Reach out to our team to explore coverage options by calling (866)-748-2399. Until then, stay warm and stay safe.