A faulty appliance can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare. A broken range or oven can stop you from cooking in your own home. A refrigerator on the fritz can lead to an abundance of spoiled food. A busted air conditioner in the height of the summer means sticky, uncomfortable days and sleepless nights. Every day, we depend on the efficiency and functionality of our home appliances, even if we don’t realize it. They make our home comfortable and our lives convenient.
Fortunately, you can take advantage of an appliance warranty to ensure your fridge, dishwasher, microwave, or other device will continue to work as intended.
The #1 Solutions for Real Estate Professionals!
Manage your client base and home warranty information with our Real Estate Portal:
- Set up coverage for home warranty plans in minutes!
- Email order confirmations to clients, title agents, and others!
- Join our ‘Realtor Referral Program’ and earn points that can be redeemed for rewards and prizes!
What Is a Home Appliance Warranty?
An appliance warranty is a plan that guarantees the repair or replacement of a broken appliance. Manufacturers often provide limited warranties that go into effect as soon as a consumer purchases an item. A new refrigerator, for example, might be covered by the manufacturer for anywhere from three months to a year or more. If a consumer wants protection beyond that amount of time, a home appliance extended warranty is required.
Should You Buy Extended Warranty on Appliances?
An extended warranty on a major appliance can be quite affordable. Still, are extended warranties on appliances worth it for the average consumer?
The answer is usually yes. Here are five of the most significant benefits of an extended warranty.
- Affordable repair. The likelihood of an appliance requiring repair after the manufacturer’s warranty has run out is quite good. Depending on the model and manufacturer, a range can have a five-year fail rate of 40%. That figure can be 50% for dishwashers and washing machines, and even 60% for refrigerators. Because the repair of these devices requires specialized training and knowledge, the service bill can set homeowners back hundreds of dollars. A warranty for appliances can shield homeowners from that cost.
- Assurance of replacement. Occasionally, a home appliance may require total replacement. That can be a frightening prospect for the budget-conscious. Full-size refrigerators routinely run into the thousands. An extended warranty can cover the cost of that replacement.
- Professional service. Time is of the essence when a critical home appliance breaks down. For a busy homeowner, it can be stressful to find a reliable repairperson at a moment’s notice. Fortunately, third-party warranty providers often have a network of licensed, professional technicians. They can dispatch a technician to your home within hours, saving you the trouble of finding one yourself.
- Convenience. Home appliance extended warranty plans make your life easier! When an appliance acts up, all you need to do is contact your warranty provider. Many providers are available via phone and email 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Your provider will take care of things from there.
- Long-term savings. While plan costs vary, extended warranties are affordable for the average homeowner—certainly more affordable than the cost of replacing a major appliance. The total cost of an appliance warranty is routinely less than the cost of repairing or replacing the appliance itself, so you save money in the long run.
Protect Your Home Appliances with Liberty Home Guard
Now that you know how warranties can help you maintain your home, contact Liberty Home Guard to find the right home warranty for appliances you own. For less than a dollar per day, we can provide you with comprehensive coverage for a suite of major appliances in your home. We can also cover critical home systems, such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and more. Call us (866) 699-4589 to get started.