Nothing feels better than enjoying a cool, inviting swim on a hot summer’s day right in your backyard. A swimming pool is a hugely sought-after luxury for any homeowner, but what happens if the pool needs maintenance or repairs? What contractor do you choose, and how do you know you can afford one?
What you need is a home warranty for your swimming pool. Whether it’s overheating or a filtration problem, pool issues can be costly if you pay out of your pocket. A warranty removes the threat of high, unexpected costs from your family budget and makes sure your home appliances and systems, including your pool, are running correctly at all times.
How Much Does Pool Maintenance Cost?
Let’s say you don’t have a swimming pool home warranty yet. How much does it cost to maintain the pool and provide repairs when problems arise? Here’s an example breakdown of what you can expect to pay out of your pocket:
- $500 for the cost of maintenance equipment
- $100 for professional service
- $50 for chlorine treatments
- A massive time investment
That’s a lot, even for a swimming pool. Thankfully, most homeowners don’t have to pay that much. By choosing a home warranty with pool coverage, they get the best performance out of the pool at a reasonable, regular rate.
How Does a Home Warranty Work?
Do not confuse home warranties for manufacturer’s warranties or home insurance. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to receive both warranties and insurance through their real estate contract.
- Manufacturer’s warranty. This option comes with the individual appliances you purchase for your house, such as a dishwasher, refrigerator, and washing machine. The company that sold the device provides this contract that fixes or replaces the item should it fail within a short time after purchase. Generally, this guarantee lasts only a year.
- Home insurance. When you purchase a new home, your insurance guarantees protection for major disasters such as fires, tornados, and earthquakes. You will receive liability coverage as well against accidents on your property.
- Home warranty. Sometimes, a manufacturer’s warranty doesn’t cut it. It usually doesn’t cover wear and tear damage and doesn’t last long enough to cover maintenance costs. That’s where a home warranty comes in. It protects both your home’s appliances and systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
You pay a regular fee for a home warranty. Should a breakdown occur, the warranty provider will send out a contractor to fix the problem for you.
Choosing a Plan
Many companies offer home warranty coverage, so which works best for your circumstances? Consider factors like budget, availability, and a track record in your options.
Read the fine print for specifics. For instance, does the home warranty cover pool leaks? Leaks always require professional assistance to fix, so make sure your choice covers them.
Get Yours from Liberty Home Guard
A swimming pool is supposed to be a stress reliever. Make it that way by saving yourself from the financial distress of maintenance costs. For the best home warranty with pool coverage, get in touch with Liberty Home Guard at (833) 544-8273 or fill the form for a quote today.
We offer customizable home warranties so that you can get the most out of your money. Whether you need coverage for individual appliances, systems, or both, we have a plan at an excellent price for you.
Check out some of the products we recommend as well. Get some of the top-rated automatic pool cleaners for a hygienic summer of swimming.